Maintain the integrity of the EatSleepRIDE community by flagging an image or post that contains private or offensive content. We monitor all flagging. If enough riders deem a post offensive, it may be removed without notice. Offending members may be banned. Do not flag content without good reason.
Last week we were in the Tail of the Dragon. On a nice Sunday afternoon, September 11th, 2011 this guy was tooling it down the Dragon at a good speed. He was taking a turn too quickly, put on the rear brake, stood the bike up and crossed the centre line just as an SUV was coming towards him. His friend describes the crash in the video below...
The rider's other buddy explains what he thinks happened. Pretty good reason to NOT use your rear brakes in a turn!
He told me he felt bad for driver of the SUV. It was brand spank'n new with only 100 miles on it. I guess the front end was seriously damaged.
- Rider on a Yamaha R6 has a head-on crash in Deals Gap and walks away smiling. Crazy. http://esr.cc/okX1nR
- A good landing is any one that you walk away from- My First Street Motorcycle Crash on The Triumph Street Triple
- Celebrity Motorcycle Crash Video: Linebacker Walks Away from T-bone
- Crash Resistant Yamaha R1
- The Soul Crushing Good-Bye to my Yamaha R6