Maintain the integrity of the EatSleepRIDE community by flagging an image or post that contains private or offensive content. We monitor all flagging. If enough riders deem a post offensive, it may be removed without notice. Offending members may be banned. Do not flag content without good reason.
If a 2100cc engine just wasn't quite enough, Hesketh have gone and stuck a supercharger on the Sonnet as well.
The Sonnet is the newest hand-built motorcycle by Hesketh, an older a British motorcycle brand revived in 2010 by designer, developer Paul Sleeman, Hesketh Motorcycles owner and Chief Engineer.
Engine Type is air-cooled V-Twin with 2,100cc displacement.
- Valve Actuation: Push Rod 2 Valves Per Cylinder
- Bore X Stroke: 105 mm x 110 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9:75:1
- Fuel System: Closed Loop Electronic Fuel Injection
- Ignition: Digital
- Start: Electric
- Security: Keyless Ignition & Immobiliser
- Exhaust: Two Into One Into Two: Stainless Steel
- Frame: Chrome-moly Tube Cradle Frame
- Swing Arm: Aluminium Box Section
- Rake: 25
- Trail: 96mm
- Front Wheel: 17" Dymag Carbon Fibre
- Rear Wheel: 17" Dymag Carbon Fibre
- Front Tyre: 120/70/ZR17
- Rear Tyre: 190/70/ZR17
- Handlebars: Clip on
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 Litres (5 US Gallons)
- Dry Weight: 235kg
- Seat Height: 30 Inches
- Wheelbase: 61 Inches
- Gear Box: Rivera Primo 6 Speed
- Final Drive: 525 "O" Ring Chain
- Clutch: Brute Extreme Primary Belt Drive With Hydraulic Activation
- Front Suspension: K-Tech
- Rear Suspension: K-Tech Bullit Springless
- Power: 145PS @ 6000RPM 210Nm @ 3000RPM
- Front Brakes: Brembo Monoblock Radial
- Rear Brakes: Brembo Monoblock
Electronics & Controls
- Charging System: Cycle Electric Regulator & Stator
- Levers: Magura Powersports
Photo via Motorcycle News/Twitter
The Hesketh legacy:
- V1000 - 1982 | 1000 cc | 130 made - V-twin gentleman's tourer. The original machine came with a nickel-plated Reynolds 531 frame.
- Vampire - 1983 | 1000 cc | 50 made - Touring based version of the V1000, with fairing and optional panniers.
- Vortan - 1985 | 1100 cc | 1 made - Bored out 1100 cc, sports version of the V1000 with highly modified chassis.
- Vulcan - 1990 | 1200 cc | 1 made - A V1000 EN10 with a series of modifications including a bored out 1200 cc engine.
- Hesketh 24 – 2014 | 1917 cc | 24 made - In-production Limited Edition with 1917 cc S&S engine named after James Hunt's 1975 F1 car.